Chiropractic During Pregnancy
For many women, pregnancy may be the first time that they experience back pain.
Chiropractic care may improve a variety of musculoskeletal conditions experienced as the spine adjusts to changes in stress, posture and hormone levels during pregnancy.
- Thompson PR, Fischer BL, Carpenter PA et al. Effectiveness of spinal manipulative therapy in a treatment of primary dysmenorrhea; a pilot study. JMPT. 1979;2:140-145.
- Liebl NA & Butler LM. A chiropractic approach to the treatment of dysmenorrhea. JMPT 1990;13:101-106.
- Stude DE. The management of symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome, JMPT 1991;14:209-216.
- Vallone S. The role of chiropractic in pregnancy. International Chiropractic Association Review. Summer 2002;47-51
- What is the role of osteopathic manipulation in obstretic care? J of the American Osteopathic Assn. Nov 1974
- Fallon JM. Chiropractic and pregnancy. ICA Review. Nov/Dec 1990;39-42
- Webster L. Modern day birthing techniques can produce subluxations in both the mother and the baby. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association Newsletter Jan 1993.
- Gutman G. Blocked atlantal nerve syndrome in babies and infants. Manuelle Medizin. 1987;25:5-10